While they are similar in some ways, there are important differences between hemp oil and CBD oil. As a consumer, it’s easy to get confused by phrases such as “cannabis oil” and “marijuana oil,” especially when many companies seem to use these terms interchangeably. Let’s take a closer look at hemp oil and CBD oil to learn how to distinguish the two.
What Is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil is fabricated from the plant called hemp. In other words, it is a hemp extract taken from the seeds of the plant. While this type of oil can be extracted from all plants in the cannabis genus, industrial hemp is the only plant used for hemp oil. This type of hemp is specifically produced industrially and the amount of psychoactive substances that are contained in it is minimal.
Usages of Hemp Oil:
- Hemp oil is great for cooking and a full of nutrients. It can provide a crispy and nutty taste to foods and can be a wonderful replacement for olive oil in salads.
- It is a great natural moisturizer that can be used after a shower.
- Hemp oil can be the base for different forms of plastic, instead of petroleum.
- It is used in the production of paints that are more eco-friendly than petroleum-based paints.
- It can be used as bio-diesel fuel, like other vegetable oils.
- Hemp oil is used for making lotions, soaps and even some foods.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is the short form of the term cannabidiol oil. Cannabidiol is a natural component of industrial cannabis or hemp. CBD oil is cannabis oil that has a significant content of cannabidiol. It is made from the flowers, leaves and stalks of hemp and not from its seeds like hemp oil. CBD oil has become very popular in the medical marijuana industry, because it can be helpful in the treatment of various conditions without the typical intoxicating effects of marijuana use.
Usages of CBD Oil:
- Can be used in the treatment of cancer .
- It is used in the treatment of inflammatory disorders, anxiety, depression, seizures and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Can be used in the treatment of epilepsy.
The Crucial Difference Between Hemp Oil and CBD Oil
Hemp and marijuana are cousins in the plant world, but marijuana has a much higher THC content than hemp. Hemp oil contains low levels of CBD – typically less than 25 parts per million – while CBD oil can be up to 15% CBD. Because the plants are related, some unscrupulous sellers of hemp oil are trying to market it for its medicinal value, which is negligible.
At Chronic Therapy, we are always happy to answer customer questions and ensure that our valued clientele can purchase the products that are right for their individual needs. Visit us today.
Full infographic Below