Concentrates and oils are now some of the most popular cannabis products on the market. The growing demand has created a flood of products coming to market, so it’s important to shop smart.
Read on to learn everything you need to know before you buy cannabis oil in Colorado.
Hemp CBD Oil vs. Marijuana CBD Oil: What’s the Difference?
Hemp oil is slightly different from other cannabis oils in that any and every part of the plant may be pressed to extract the oil. Cannabis oil only contains an extraction from the leaves, which is how it gets higher levels of THC.
Products labelled as hemp oil generally contain CBD, but are often tested to ensure that they do not contain THC. The purpose of using CBD oil devoid of THC is to receive the health and wellness benefits of cannabidiol without the “high” associated with THC.
THC extracts, on the other hand, are designed with the opposite effect in mind: to deliver a heavy dose of the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis. Because of the big difference between different types of oils, it’s important to make sure you’re getting what you really want.
Choose Your Buying Criteria
There are many things to consider when you’re buying cannabis extractions, but you can cover your bases with the following five criteria:
- Sourcing – Depending on what kind of effect you want from your concentrate, different sources will be more desirable than others. Source plants with high CBD levels and low THC make better CBD oils, and vice versa.
- Oil Type – In addition to the source, the extraction process will have a major impact on the resulting oil. Learn about how your oil was produced and how it’s designed to be used.
- Testing – Some concentrate manufacturers have gotten themselves in hot water by producing inconsistent products and not testing them well. A good oil will be carefully tested so you know exactly what you’re going to experience and how to measure your dose.
- Extraction Method – Some oils are extracted using solvents like butane. That’s ok as long as all of the solvent has been completely removed after the extraction. This leads to the next point.
- Trustworthiness of the Producer – Always buy oil from a company that’s known for having pure products. These oils are safer and more effective.
Different Ways to Consume Cannabis Oil
Some cannabis oils are extremely easy to use, and could be in a topical rub, vitamin supplement, or edible treat. You can even get your cannabis oil as a tincture, which allows you to put the liquid directly into your mouth for quick effects. Some people find that their favorite way to get cannabis oil is by vaping it as an e-liquid. The best way to consume oil is a personal choice, and you can ask your local budtender about options if you’re unsure.
Make Sure the Cannabis Oil Comes From a Good Source
Choosing cannabis oil from a good source is perhaps the most important part of the entire buying process. Go to your trusted dispensary to ensure you’re getting a good price, and make sure they know where the oil is coming form too. If your dispensary doesn’t have a close relationship with the oil concentrate company, beware.
When you buy cannabis oil from Chronic Therapy, you’re getting the finest product available thanks to premium sourcing, state of the art extraction methods, and transparent processes. Our oils come from some of the best bud on the market, and all of our products have been thoroughly tested to ensure they’re of the purest quality.
We have an exclusive relationship with Chronic Creations, which is responsible for creating our pure and potent concentrates. Come talk to our experience budtenders today to answer all of your questions about how to buy cannabis oil in Colorado.
Image Credit: Doug Shutter/Shutterstock